Our commitment to people and planet
"Our sustainability targets are ambitious and reflect our strong commitment to operating sustainably. I’m immensely proud of my colleagues for embracing this challenge by adopting new and innovative ways of thinking and working; as well as demonstrating leadership in our industry."
Group Chief Executive Officer
Year on year, we make significant progress towards our sustainability targets
By the end of 2022 we had achieved:
- Reduced scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 41% compared with 2019
- Protected and preserved over 1,000 acres of land in partnership with the World Land Trust, twice the size of our global operational footprint
- Delivered a local biodiversity initiative in 47% of our operating companies
- Recovered, recycled or generated electricity from 90% of our waste in 2022
- Enabled our customers to save 17.7 million tonnes of CO2 and 88.4 million m3 of water annually using products purchased in 2022
- Donated £1 million to 51 education projects across the world in 2022
- Given over 33,000 hours of Company time to our colleagues' volunteering projects since 2021
Find out more about our sustainability strategy and approach.
Our sustainability progress
To find out more about our One Planet: Engineering with Purpose Sustainability Strategy, and progress against our sustainability targets, please view our most recent Sustainability Report.